Monday, January 19, 2009

A Good Recovery

Today is day five of recovery from hernia surgery. I (Brian) am doing well. I experienced some pain on the first three days and then just some discomfort after that. I was feeling well enough yesterday to walk into Brea for dinner. Now that I am feeling a little better, the most difficult thing for me is to remember that I am not supposed to lift anything over fifteen pounds for the next six weeks. It is not easy! Yesterday I almost picked Kaylee up. When she lifts her arms up and says "up-ee," it is so hard to resist. Later in the day I did pick up Macchiato for a second, after he ran across the street after a cat. Oops! It only took me a second or two to realize that was a bad idea. The plan is to be good about these things for the next five weeks so I can be back to full strength during the second half of Jewelly's pregnancy and when she gives birth to our first child. How great it will be to hold him or her.

Jewelly is doing wonderfully well. I praise God for his kindness to her during her first pregnancy. She has faced only a little nausea so far and is just about out of the first trimester. What a blessing she has been to me over the past four days. She has taken great care of me. Thanks Honey! SHMILY!

No comments: