Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Roughing It!

Roughing It! That is what we were supposed to be doing this Memorial Weekend. The annual camping trip was on the calendar. The reservations were made. Jewelly and I even purchased an air mattress and new sleeping bags. The fun was about to begin...until we found out it was snowing on our campsite! Although our sleeping bags are rated for 30 degree weather, we opted not to test them out. The camping trip was cancelled. All hope was not lost though. A friend of the family called with the news that he was able to get us a condo in Big Bear. Saturday morning we headed up the mountain. When we arrived, we were blown away by the place. It was beautiful!!! The place was huge. It had four bedrooms. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, all of which contained large jaccuzi tubs and jaccuzi showers. The living room, kitchen and dining area were also quite nice. Hopefully some of it can be seen in the pictures. We were truly blessed.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jewelly's Birthday!

Yaaah!!! Jewelly's Birthday is this week, Thursday, May 15th. I am so grateful that God gave her life and then gave her to me. I'm a blessed man.

Friday, May 9, 2008


Thank you all for keeping Tom and our family in your prayers these past few days. The surgery went well. It ended up being more extensive than the doctor had hoped...they had to make a third incision in his back along with the two on his chest and neck. The surgery was originally supposed to be 5 hours, but it ended up being close to 8. Needless to say Tuesday was a very long day for the entire family. We were all at the hospital more than 14 hours!

These past few days have been very important as the medical team has been working on regulating Tom's pain and ensuring that his oxygen and blood levels return to healthy ranges. The doctor placed him in ICU Tuesday for observation and as far as we know he is still there. This is not indicative that he is in critical condition, the doctor just wants to be extra cautious given the state of Tom's lungs (from emphysema) and risk of pneumonia if his breathing is not as it should be.

Brian and I are back in California now. We are checking in with his mom, Judy, daily and will try to keep the blog updated. We really do appreciate your prayers as we continue to trust and seek the Lord through this.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Prayer Request

As you may or may not know, Brian and I are in Michigan right now to spend some time with his family as his dad, Tom, has surgery. Tom is working through esophageal cancer and they have decided to do surgery to remove the tumor that is in his esophagus. The surgery is scheduled to take place tomorrow, Tuesday, May 6 at 11:30AM (EST). We would all really appreciate it if you would keep Tom and the family in your prayers as this takes place. We will be flying home Wednesday evening and will be sure to update you all when we have a chance.